Tuesday, December 9, 2008

more appointments

  Hello. I hope that everyone is feeling OK.
 I was in at another appointment with the Nero modular nurses today.  I thought that the meeting was about what more could be done to help my pain. That was part of it. The rest was about my wife calling and being overly concerned about my suffering. The nurses then wondered if what I was using was giving me any help at all. It was not what I thought that the meeting was going to be about.  I was questioned why I didn't tell them about my fall last time I was here. It wasn't like they could do anything for me anyway.  I was criticized for not wanting more help when my wife wanted me to get more help. Then I went and changed my mind about the help I thought I needed which also annoyed them. There is just no way I can think on the spot anymore. So there I was bombarded with Statements and questions that I had allot of trouble answering in a timely fashion. It was just upsetting for me. Oh well I guess even pain management nurses lose their patients with patients. 
   I am trying to help myself and to  make my life as pleasant as possible but it is hard to come to any conclusions or to make any decisions when you suffer chronic pain. I am the one that would rather tough it out and see if there is any possible way that the way things are at present will work without making changes too quick.  Sometimes when these decisions are left too long I start to suffer enough that the people that care around me get concerned. Try and stay tuned into others around you that are doing their best to help.
 I didn't describe my pain pump yet and how it works but keep following the blog and I will get to it.  
  Write something positive about your day. For me I had a receptionist at the hospital give me Christmas cookies today. She had made me a birthday cake in April. I left and went back home to the Yukon before she had a chance to give it to me. So today she made sure that I got the Christmas cookies. IS that nice or what. It is great when people do things like that. It made my whole day.

 Hang in there 

1 comment:

Connie said...

Yes, Lots of people think about your pain and would be willing to
ease the journey, if only they could.